Special Machines: Special Purpose Machines and Custom Built Systems from TQC
Explore the Special Machines Section
Special Machines and custom built equipment provide the best method for solving those bespoke requirements which include assembly, handling and testing disciplines.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your special machines and custom, bespoke machine requirements
- Special Machines
- Test Machine Equipment
- Plastic Processing
- Feasibility Studies / Proof of Principal / Prototyping
- Case Studies
- Turbocharger Testing
- Clutch Testing
- Plastic Bumper Punch Machines
- Plastic Bumper Assembly and Checking Fixtures
- Plastic Bumper Painting & Polishing Fixtures
- Rear Bumper Handling, Assembly and Pressing
- Front Bumper Assembly and Pressing
- Mechanical Handling - Dynamic Buffer Conveyor
- Platen Based Flow Testing of Turbocharger Housings
- Gas Supply and Monitoring System
The first question to ask yourself when trying to source assembly, test and automation equipment is, "Can I buy it 'off-the-shelf?".
If the answer is, "Yes", then generally this is a more cost effective solution and can be up and running quickly. If the answer is, "No", or "It is, but..." then you need bespoke machine that is of a special purpose design and that is manufactured to your specification.
Hydraulic Burst Test Machine by TQC
The starting point for any bespoke equipment or special purpose machine is in developing the specification or project brief, the customer generally considers two questions,
1. "This is what we want to be able to do but how?"
Once a specification has been written, machine concepts are proposed. These generally start from a blank sheet of paper or can incorporate mechanisms and solutions previously supplied for similar applications for integration.
The overall outcome is that the requirements of the customer are met in the form of a newly built special purpose or custom built machine or system.
2. "This is what we already have, we need something better, but what?"
At TQC, we undertake all design work in-house from concept to completion. In-house engineering facilities allow us to provide the complete package for all special purpose machine requirements. In the case of improving existing processes and installations, TQC evaluate what is in place on-site already and assesses whether integration work or replacement machinery will offer the best solution to help the Client arrive at the best solution for their production environment.
Important things to include in the project brief that allow special purpose machines to be specified are:
- Assembly drawings of the units to be assembled or tested
- Detailed tolerance drawings of the parts
- Variant information and requirments for chanover and checking correct variant
- Samples of the parts
- Quality requirements (eg test specifications)
- Throughputs or cycle time requirements
- Production basis ie single shift or 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Project qualification basis, ie running time before delivery
TQC's areas of specialism include:
- Automated Assembly and Testing
- Robot Integration
- Automated Production Line Equipment
- Automated Handling and Transfer Systems
- Leak Testing
- Function Testing
To find out more about how we can help you with your special machine requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.