Special Machines Case Studies: Mechanical handling with dynamic buffer conveyors
Explore the Special Machines Section
Special Machines and custom built equipment provide the best method for solving those bespoke requirements which include assembly, handling and testing disciplines.
Explore this section to find out more about the how TQC can help you with your special machines and custom, bespoke machine requirements
- Special Machines
- Test Machine Equipment
- Plastic Processing
- Feasibility Studies / Proof of Principal / Prototyping
- Case Studies
- Turbocharger Testing
- Clutch Testing
- Plastic Bumper Punch Machines
- Plastic Bumper Assembly and Checking Fixtures
- Plastic Bumper Painting & Polishing Fixtures
- Rear Bumper Handling, Assembly and Pressing
- Front Bumper Assembly and Pressing
- Mechanical Handling - Dynamic Buffer Conveyor
- Platen Based Flow Testing of Turbocharger Housings
- Gas Supply and Monitoring System
Client: Leading Global Automotive Vehicle Supplier
Machinery supplied: Dynamic buffer conveyors
Overview: This equipment has been designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to move plastic mouldings between operations. TQC developed this equipment alongside the client to allow a simple and cost effective solution to be supplied.
Download details of this equipment as a PDF
- Modular design
- Different lengths and varying number of part carriers can be supplied
- No services required so easy moved around the production facility as required
- Soft contact tooling to avoid part damage
This series of buffer conveyors provides dynamic first in—first out (FIFO) storage between painting and assembly processes.
Produced in different lengths to suit the application and supplied with a number of cradles appropriate to the buffer length. Typically 6 cradles supplied on a 6m long unit.
The product is fully supported on the unpainted face whilst it is transferred to the assembly operator, with soft contact areas to avoid paint damage. The individual cradles de-link the regular unloading of the paint line from the less regular assembly process.
The cradles have integral rollers, advancing and returning under gravity and are held against stops at both ends.
To find out more about how we can help you with your special machine and mechnical handling requirements:
We build all machines in-house, applying our 25+ years experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.