TQC, based in Nottingham, has been providing innovative turnkey solutions to special engineering applications globally for over 35 years. These automated systems are customized to the design, manufacturing and testing requirements of each company.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Sales Engineer with Special Purpose Machine and Automation Experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in driving our sales efforts by utilising their technical expertise and sales acumen to promote our products/services, build strong client relationships, and achieve sales targets. The successful candidate will work with us at our Nottingham factory. In the role you will be looking to use your proven sales experience in a varied and exciting position, joining the experienced and supportive TQC sales team. TQC are open to hybrid working with office attendance as needed and at least 1 day per week.
What you’ll do
- Sales lead generation and qualification with a responsibility to generate new business with assistance from the corporate website.
- Identify and engage with potential clients to understand their technical requirements and offer suitable solutions.
- Develop machine and system concepts.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals, negotiate contracts, and close deals in alignment with company objectives.
- Present internally within TQC and externally to clients.
- Work with the existing Sales Team which offers a support network including 3D CAD concept design.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop effective strategies to promote products/services and expand market reach.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., engineering, marketing) to ensure alignment of sales strategies with product development and marketing initiatives.
- Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in technical sales would be advantageous, preferably in bespoke equipment, although training will be provided.
- Strong understanding of technical products/services with the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in CRM software and MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Experience of Special Purpose Machines would be helpful.
Email your CV with a cover letter outlining how you would best fit this position to email@example.com. Send in your applications early as we expect a high response.
To find out more about how we can help you:
We build all machines in-house, applying our extensive experience in specialised test and automated handling machines to the engineering projects we undertake. We offer customer support, backup and service call-out for all projects, whatever the size.
Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to offer our professional advice and visit you at your site.