Leak Test Cell with Robotic Handling
Client: Leading Plastic Moulding Company
Part: Automotive Tyre Pressure Sensor
Machine supplied: Leak test cell with automatic robot handling of parts
Overview: This system was designed and manufactured in order to give the customer the ability to automatically produce 100% checked parts in high volume.
This robot cell includes automatic handling, component part bowl feeding, automated air decay leak testing using Multi-Application Leak Tester units, passed and failed part segregation and automatic packing of automotive moulded plastic sensors.
The system integrates a Fanuc 6-axis robot handling 6 inserts that are fed from bulk using a vibratory bowl feeding system, and places the parts into 6 moulds located in a mould tool fastened to a 2-position indexing rotary table. On completion of the over moulding process finished assemblies are transferred to an indexing cooling system using the robot. Once the assemblies are at a stable temperature they are leak tested. On completion of the leak test, the tested mouldings are manipulated into pass/fail/QC sample chutes to be dropped into packing boxes/bins.
Leak Test Cell Key features:
- Fully automatic assembly and leak test cell
- Customer supplied overmoulding machine with 2-position indexing table
- 6-axis robot with multi-part gripper
- Vibratory bowl feeding equipment for metal inserts
- 6 up part handling
- Automatic load and unload
- 6 MALT leak test modules
- Final assembly cooling system to ensure stable leak testing
- Vision inspection of component parts and final assembly using multiple cameras
- Passed / failed parts transfer system.
- 100% checking of overmoulded assemblies
To view a printer friendly format please click below